The Royal Kent School have an active PTA, who are responsible for some incredible events and fundraising activities each year. Our vision is to bring together as many parents as possible at fun and unique social events whilst raising vital funds to enhance and improve our children’s experience at RKS. The current team joined at various stages over the last 5 year. Some work full-time, others have been class reps or assisted the school in other ways, but all see this as an opportunity to get more involved in the school community and enjoy working together and with so many passionate and like-minded parents. Each core member has a specific focus area (Governance, Admin, Finance, Sports, Coms, Events). The core team meet at the start of term on a Thursday evening to plan, review fundraising initiatives and requests to access funds.
Any parent can get involved no matter what time or experience they have to offer. For more information, please contact any of the 7 core committee members or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about upcoming meetings, the minutes and the PTA newsletter and updates are circulated termly by the school.
Events and initiatives for 2020
Help us raise money with clothes recycling, matched giving and online shopping
Happy School Bag
Raise funds and save the planet by recycling your men’s, women’s and children’s reusable clothing and avoid it ending up in landfill. For more information visit www.happyschoolbag.co.uk
Next collection: tbc
Matched giving (or matched funding) is a simple way of maximising the fundraising efforts of the PTA when you volunteer to help. It is an informal corporate arrangement between a company and their employee. Not all companies offer matched funding but those that do will pledge a sum of money relating to the amount their employee has raised for the PTA. This could include running a stall at the Summer Fete. Ask your employer if they do or can run this scheme.
A simple way of raising funds for RKS PTA when you shop online with major retailers such as Amazon, eBay, John Lewis, Argos, Tesco Direct, M&S, Trainline and many more! Every time you shop online via the easyfundraising website your chosen cause - The Royal Kent School PTA - will get a percentage of the value of your purchase. To date, we have raised nearly £5,000 but have the potential to raise much more with your help.
Follow this step-by-step guide to set up your account. After you have spent a few minutes creating an account, all you need to do each time you shop online is enter the site. Your computer/ tablet/ phone will remember all the details and you will raise money for the school on any purchase. It really is that simple!
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Find 'search for a good cause' (centre of the page) and type in Royal Kent School PTA in the cause name box
- Click on this when it appears in the drop down box. Click on 'support this cause'
- Fill out your personal details and create account
- You will then be asked if you want to gift aid your donations, click yes (if appropriate) and enter your address
- Don't forget to click the Yes box below which gives your consent to the school to reclaim gift aid
- The next step is to get the Donation Reminder which will pop up every time you go to one of the participating retailers' websites. Once set up you don’t need to worry about doing anything further as this tool will remind you.
- Some instructions will pop up following this. After reading through click the 'okay I understand' button at the bottom
- You are now set up and can begin to raise funds for The Royal Kent School PTA!
There is also an app you can download to smartphones and tablets which is accessed by typing easyfundraising into the relevant App Store.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and further thanks in advance for raising funds for our fantastic school!
Our next big event is the RKS Quiz on Friday 28 February 2020.
RKS PTA Committee